In a rare occurrence, download sales figures have been released a Nintendo platform.
A report from Forecasting and Analyzing Digital Entertainment estimates that $11.1m were spent on digital 3DS titles, encompassing remakes from Virtual Console and 3D Classics and original 3DSWare titles.
The most popular game was The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening, which was downloaded 338,700 times and generated $2.3m, according to CVG.
Nintendo titles dominated the Top 10, with Gameloft and Poisoft as the only third-party publishers listed – each with only one title.
Here’s the estimated Top 10 digital 3DS titles in full, according to FADE:
1. The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening (Nintendo) – 338,700 units ($2.3m)
2. Excitebike (Nintendo) – 481,100 units ($1.3m)
3. Super Mario Land (Nintendo) – 230,500 units ($1.1m)
4. Freakyforms: Your Creations, Alive! (Nintendo) – 112,700 units ($969k)
5. Pushmo (Nintendo) – 93,300 units ($634k)
6. Kirby’s Dream Land (Nintendo) – 84,500 units ($384k)
7. Let’s Golf 3D (Gameloft) – 43,200 units ($356k)
8. Donkey Kong (Nintendo) – 82,800 units ($348k)
9. Xevious (Nintendo) – 47,900 units ($301k)
10. Hyu Stone (Poisoft) – 50,300 units ($293k)