Having sold out almost immediately upon its Japanese debut at the weekend, Media Create’s latest Japanese software charts show five 3DS titles have entered the Top Ten.
Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle leads the charge with sales of 119,591 units and a third place debut. It’s followed by Nintendogs+Cats at no.5, Samurai Warriors: Chronicles in sixth, Street Fighter IV 3D at seven and Ridge Racer 3D in eighth place.
Outside of the Top Ten Konami’s Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D claims 15th place.
However, two new PSP titles succeeded in taking the shine off the launch with Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity and SD Gundam G Generation World debuting in first and second spots respectively.
Last week’s no.1, Atlus’ sexy console outing Catherine, drops to 17th position on its second week of release.
Here’s the weekly Top Ten in full:
1. Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity (PSP)
2. SD Gundam G Generation World (PSP)
3. Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (3DS)
4. Disgaea 4 (PS3)
5. Nintendogs+Cats (3DS)
6. Samurai Warriors: Chronicles (3DS)
7. Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (3DS)
8. Ridge Racer 3D (3DS)
9. Monster Hunter Freedom 3 (PSP)
10. The iDOLM@STER 2 (Xbox 360)