The latest outing for the Call of Duty series unsurprisingly debuts at No.1 in the UK All Formats Charts.
Black Ops II became the biggest launch of 2012 – eclipsing FIFA 13, which sold 1.2m units in its first two days.
The shooter is also the fourth biggest UK launch of all time. In comparison, last year’s Modern Warfare 3 is the second biggest of all time, although it is the biggest in terms of revenue.
Last week, Activision announced Black Ops II generated an estimated $500m worldwide in its first 24 hours, surpassing Black Ops II. It has not announced unit sales yet.
Xbox 360 continues to lead the way with 60 per cent of Black Ops II’s sales, with 30 per cent accounted for by PS3.
The console and PC shooter’s handheld companion, Black Ops Declassified for Vita, debuted at No.16. It was the second biggest software launch for the handheld to date.
Last week’s No.1, Halo 4, gets pushed down to No.2, followed by FIFA 13 and Assassin’s Creed III in third and fourth place respectively.
Skylanders Giants climbs to No.5 after a boost in sales that will no doubt continue as Christmas approaches.
The highest other new entry was the Seasons expansion pack for The Sims 3, at No.9.
Elsewhere there was a trio of new entries in the low 20s. Sony’s innovative Wonderbook: Book of Spells took No.25, while F1 Race Stars won this week’s battle of the family racers. The Codemasters game launched at No.26, followed closely by Sega’s Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed at No.27.
Here’s the UK All Formats Top 20 in full for the week ending November 17th, 2012:
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
2. Halo 4 (Microsoft)
3. FIFA 13 (EA)
4. Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
5. Skylanders Giants (Activision)
6. Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
7. Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
8. Borderlands 2 (2K Games)
9. The Sims 3: Seasons (EA)
10. Football Manager 2013 (Sega)
11. WWE ’13 (THQ)
12. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
13. Moshi Monsters: Moshlings Theme Park (Activision/Mind Candy)
14. Dishonored (Bethesda)
15. Forza Motorsport 4 (Microsoft)
16. Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified (Activision)
17. Kinect Disneyland Adventures (Microsoft)
18. New Super Mario Bros 2 (Nintendo)
19. Medal of Honor: Warfighter (EA)
20. Resident Evil 6 (Capcom)