Activision’s Call of Duty Black Ops III returns to the No.1 spot this week with an 11 increase in sales.
This is the ninth time the shooter has been the best-selling title in the UK since it debuted back in November.
This sales increase is likely due to the release of the first round of DLC for the game, Awakening, last week on PS4.71 per cent of all Black Ops III sales last week were for PlayStation 4.
It knocks last week’s top dog LEGO Marvel’s Avengers off, with that title’s sales declining 41 per cent over the week. Given that this is a family title, it’s not surprising to see a sales drop-off from Week One this low.
In third place is a brand new title, Bandai Namco’s Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4. This is the series’ debut on the PS4 and Xbox One, and becomes the second biggest Week One seller in the franchise to date. Ninja Storm 3 is still the best selling Week One for the series.
That wasn’t the only new Bandai Namco title in charts – Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth made its debut in the charts at No.11.
Meanwhile, Assassin’s Creed Syndicate returns to the Top Ten at No.9 with sales shooting up 78 per cent last week due to retailer promotions.
Below is the software Top Ten for the week ending February 6th:
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops III, Activision Blizzard
2. LEGO Marvel’s Avengers, Warner Bros
3. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4, Bandai Namco
4. FIFA 16, EA
5. Rainbow Six: Siege, Ubisoft
6. Grand Theft Auto V, Rockstar
7. Star Wars Battlefront, EA
8. Just Cause 3, Square Enix
9. Assassin’s Creed Syndicate, Ubisoft
10. Minecraft: Story Mode, Telltale Games