The co-creator of Sega’s popular Sonic the Hedgehog franchise will make an appearance at this year’s London Games Festival.
Yuji Naka will present his new Wii and DS platformer Ivy the Kiwi to press and the public on behalf of publisher Rising Star Games. A confirmed date has not yet been set but the presentation will likely run sometime between September 30th and October 7th.
The renowned games designer partnered with Rising Star earlier this year – the same firm that has published titles including No More Heroes, Rune Factory and Harvest Moon games.
The UKIE-funded London Games Festival kicks off on September 30th with a gala opening and VIP preview at the 2010 Eurogamer Expo in London’s Earl’s Court. For the following three days the Expo will attract up to 20,000 consumers.
The festival is now looking stronger than ever,” said London Games Festival director Kirsty Payne.
With the confirmation of some excellent events and with even more to come, the London Games Festival will truly make its mark and stand out on the games calendar.”
Other key dates include:
Eurogamer Expo money-raising party for GamesAid – October 1st
– Just Dance 2 launch party – October 7th
– Sony PlayStation game runner event – October 8th
– Board game camp at Whittaker house – October 9th
– Games Media Awards – October 14th
– TIGA’s developer-focused event – October 27th
– Golden Joystick Awards – October 29th
– MCM Expo – October 29th to October 31st
– London Games Conference – November 4th