The Wii U actually had a No.1 game in the UK.
Every week on this very website, we publish the ‘All-Formats Charts’. This week, Far Cry Primal was No.1. That included physical sales of the game on PS4 and Xbox One.
However, if you only count individual consoles, Zelda: Twilight Princess HD on Wii U is actually the top-seller, narrowly outselling Far Cry Primal on PS4.
The Zelda Wii U game’s achievement is actually quite impressive considering the marketing for the game. Rather than pitching this as a big system seller (which is what Nintendo did with the Wind Waker HD game), Twilight Princess HD didn’t receive any TV advertising, and was instead directly targeted at Zelda fans via social media and YouTube.
Here is the GfK Individual Formats Top 10:
1. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Nintendo) – Wii U
2. Far Cry Primal (Ubisoft) –PS4
3. Far Cry Primal (Ubisoft) – Xbox One
4. Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 (EA) – Xbox One
5. Heavy Rain & Beyond Two Souls Collections (Sony) – PS4
6. FIFA 16 (EA) –Xbox One
7. Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 (EA) – PS4
8. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Activision) – PS4
9. Forza Motorsport 6 (Microsoft) – Xbox One
10. Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar) – PS4