There’s one week left to vote for the Game Connection Marketing Awards.
It’s the third time the Marketing Awards have taken place and are designed to recognise and reward outstanding work in marketing and communications from across the breadth of the video game industry worldwide”.
The event has also confirmed the first members of its advisory board, which are as follows:
– Antony Macar , Head of Digital at Namco Bandai Games
– Alexandre Scriabine, Acquisition Marketing at EA
– Dennis Heinert, Head of PR at Innogames
– Steve Fowler, Head of Global Marketing at ArenaNet
– Rupert Loman CEO at Gamer Network
– Neil Furmston, Creative Director at Ichi Worldwide
– Michael Griffin, Marketing and PR at Midnight Oil Creative
Nominations remain open until September 9th and can be submitted here.
The categories are as follows:
– Best Print Campaign: newspapers and magazines, traditional billboard, transport advertising and all formats using standard advertising space.
– Best Digital Campaign: websites, search engines, banner ads, instant messaging, email marketing, digital Point of Sale, browser games and virtual or augmented reality.
– Best Mobile Campaign: campaigns on smartphones, tablets and phones, such as SMS, MMS, WAP and Apps, including mobile games.
– Best Social Media Campaign: viral advertising, buzz marketing, blogs, use of social networks, consumer generated content, and Apps including social games.
– Best Experiential Campaign: exhibitions, events, fairs, concerts, trade shows, publicity stunts, corporate entertainment and all interactive events which involve consumer interaction with a brand.
– Best Broadcast Campaign: videos, trailers and adverts for cinema, TV, online and radio distribution.
– Best PR Campaign: successful PR campaigns and media partnerships which have generated awareness through outstanding media coverage or public relations efforts.
– Best Original Content: recognizing the most innovative and effective use of original content to promote a video game.
– Best Overall Campaign: awarded to the team who executed the best 360 marketing campaign.
– Best Marketing Team of the Year 2013: this Award honors the marketing team who have distinguished itself by the quality of its campaigns or who inspires innovative marketing of its products and services. All applicants are automatically entered in this category.
Game Connection Europe 2013 takes place on December 3th-5th at Les Docks de Paris, France.