Activision has confirmed many of the features that will be free to use when Call of Duty Elite launches later this year.
Listed on the official site’s FAQ, free services include the Career section (which lets players track their match and weapon performance) and Connect section (where players can joins groups based on shared interests. They will even be able to create their own clans and set up custom leaderboards to track their friends’ data.
Activision has also confirmed that COD fans will be able integrate their Facebook profile with Elite, using it to connect instantly with friends and join groups that share interests already defined on Facebook. Additionally, Elite can be accessed through a free iOS and Android app.
A premium membership will also be available by the time Call of Duty Elite. Full details of what premium members will be entitled to have yet to be announced but, given their absence in this list, it is likely that prize-based competitions will only be open to paying subscribers.
The Elite public beta is expected to kick off next month. The full list of free features confirmed so far is as follows:
– Access Elite through the web as well as Elite’s free custom iOS and Android applications for smartphones and tablets
– Communicate any way you want across mobile, console and the web with your friends
– Track and share thousands of stats with friends – k/d ratios, score-per-minute, win % and loads more, all represented in easy to understand charts and infographics
– Create your own custom leaderboards to track friendly rivalries – who is moving up and down in your group of friends?
– Analyze advanced heat maps detailing your match-by-match performance – where you killed or got killed, when it happened, and more
– Analyze your weapons performance – which weapons you are best with in which situations
– Upload and share videos of your greatest moments through our exclusive theater mode with the touch of a button
– Customize your loadout – search through all the weapons, attachments and perks, and push them directly into the game menu from the web or your mobile device with the touch of a button
– Join dozens of groups and find other players with common interests to play with and compete against – find people who make the game the most fun for you – TDM, Lakers’ fans, Weekend Warriors
– Create a Clan with players who share your interests and taste for competition
– Bring your Facebook friends right into the game, easily taking your existing network into the Call of Duty experience.
– Seamlessly be placed into Groups with those who share your affinities and interests based on your Facebook profile.
– Start tracking your Call of Duty career — everything you wanted to know about your performance across the franchise starting with Black Ops