Sony’s latest PS4 exclusive has been unseated during its second week in Japan as another new Bandai Namco release shot to the top.
According to the latest data from Famitsu, the week ending March 29th saw five new Bandai Namco entries in the software rankings, with Bloodborne crowned as the best-selling game of the week.
However, the gothic RPG’s sales dropped from 150,245 that week to 23,557 last week, leaving it in fifth.
In its place were yet another two new Bandai Namco titles – Dai-3-ji Super Robot Taisen Z: Tengoku-hen on PS3 and Vita in first and second place, respectively.
Another new game, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, which is exclusive to Nintendo’s New 3DS platform, placed third in its debut week.
Meanwhile, Bloodborne was overtaken by the previous week’s number two title, Sword Art Online: Lost Song for Vita.
The only other brand new release to make the Top Ten last week was bug-battling shooter Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair, which debuted at number seven.
The hardware charts, meanwhile, stayed largely static. The only move was experienced by the PS3, which fell two positions to sixth place, despite the success of Dai-3-ji Super Robot Taisen Z: Tengoku-hen on the platform.
Here is the software Top Ten for the week ending April 5th:
- Dai-3-ji Super Robot Taisen Z: Tengoku-hen (Bandai Namco) PS3 – 105,072 (New)
- Dai-3-ji Super Robot Taisen Z: Tengoku-hen (Bandai Namco) Vita – 98,624 (New)
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (Nintendo) 3DS – 43,762 (New)
- Sword Art Online: Lost Song (Bandai Namco) Vita – 23,823
- Bloodborne (Sony) PS4 – 23,557
- One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (Bandai Namco) PS3 – 23,493
- Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair (D3) PS4 – 21,704 (New)
- Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (Sony) Vita – 17,797
- Pro Yakyu Spirits 2015 (Konami) PS3 – 17,529
- One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (Bandai Namco) Vita – 15,181
And here are the hardware rankings:
- PS4 – 26,928
- PS Vita – 20,925
- New Nintendo 3DS XL – 20,329
- New Nintendo 3DS – 6,315
- Wii U – 5,753
- PS3 – 5,685
- Nintendo 3DS XL – 2,242
- Nintendo 3DS – 1,337
- PS Vita TV – 535
- Xbox One – 292