MCV media partner Famistu has revealed the Japanese sales charts for February in a month when Nintendo titles Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Wii Fit claimed the top two spots, selling 1.3m and 309,000 units respectively. This brings Wii Fit’s lifetime sales to 1.5m since its release on December 1st.
But Nintendo’s domination of the charts in recent months wasn’t quie so pronounced in February, as five titles broke into the top ten on PS2, PSP and PS3.
Smash Bros and Wii Fit were run close by Capcom’s Devil May Cry 4, which sold 276,000 in February.
The full top ten, according to Enterbrian/Famitsu, is as follows:
1) Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Nintendo-Wii)
2) Wii Fit (Nintendo-Wii)
3) Devil May Cry 4 (Capcom-PS3)
4) Gundam: Giren’s Ambition – The Axis Menace (Namco Bandai Games-PSP)
5) The Embarrassment of Haruki Suzumiya (Banpresto-PS2)
6) Tales of Destiny: Director’s Cut (Namco Bandai Games-PS2)
7) Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games (Sega-DS)
8) Etrian Odyssey II: The Royal Grail (Atlus-DS)
9) Disgaea 3 (Nippon Ichi-PS3)
10) Wii Sports (Nintendo-Wii)