Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture would have topped the UK charts – if digital data was included.
It may well have been the first PSN exclusive release to get to No.1 in the UK, although the lack of historical data makes that impossible to quantify.
MCV sources say the interactive story, developed by UK independent studio The Chinese Room, comfortably outsold LEGO Jurassic World, which was last week’s No.1 game according to the Chart-Track UK retail data.
This is not the first time this year that the wrong game was crowned No.1. In the middle of March, GTA V was named No.1 even though PC downloads of Cities: Skylines were far higher. Whereas on April 20th, Mortal Kombat X was No.1 according to official figures, but MCV understood that PC digital sales of GTA V would have made Rockstar’s crime epic the top-selling game of the week.
This is how the latest week’s chart should have looked:
1. Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture – Sony
2. LEGO Jurassic World, Warner Bros
3. Grand Theft Auto V, Rockstar
4. The Elder Scrolls Online, Bethesda
5. Batman: Arkham Knight, Warner Bros
6. FIFA 15, EA
7. Rare Replay, Microsoft
8. Battlefield Hardline, EA
9. Minecraft: Xbox Edition, Microsoft
10. Minecraft: PlayStation Edition, Sony