F1 2022 maintains pole position with second week at #1 in UK Boxed Charts

EA Sports and Codemasters’ F1 2022 has been the best selling game in the UK at high street retailers for a second week in a row. As usual, these physical sales numbers come to us courtesy of GfK UK.

F1 2022 sold 48% less compared to the previous week, with 68% of its retail sales on PlayStation platforms. Xbox sales accounted for the remaining 32% of the total. As we mentioned last week, these sales numbers are also still lower than those for F1 2021.

The only new product release to make it into the Top 10 this week is Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series, which is a package that collects together remasters of both the Nintendo Wii remake of Klonoa: Door to Phantomile and the PlayStation 2 game Klonoa 2: Lunatea’s Veil. 

It sold better than FIFA, but worse than Mario Kart 8, putting it at the #5 spot. 52% of copies of the Klonoa package were sold on the Nintendo Switch. 

If you’d like to know the rest of the GfK UK Boxed Top Ten between July 02, 2022 and July 09, 2022 it’s as follows:

  1. F1 2022
  2. Horizon Forbidden West
  3. Nintendo Switch Sports
  4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  5. Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series
  6. FIFA 22
  7. Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
  8. Pokémon Legends: Arceus
  9. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  10. Minecraft (Nintendo Switch)


About Vince Pavey

Vince is a writer from the North-East of England who has worked on comics for The Beano and Doctor Who. He likes to play video games and eat good food. Sometimes he does both at the same time, but he probably shouldn’t.

Check Also

The January issue of MCV/DEVELOP is online now! Inside: Bonsai Collective, DEVELOP/JOBS, Private Division, A Little to the Left and more!

There’s a new issue of MCV/DEVELOP out now – and you can read it here for free