Wii U exclusive Super Mario Maker is riding high once again in Japan, as it fought off competition from Uncharted and FIFA to take the chart top spot.
The DIY Nintendo title’s closest competitor came in the form of newcomer Pro Yakyu FamiSta Returns, which placed second, according to the latest data from Famitsu.
It was followed by two Western imports – FIFA 16 and Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection – in third and fourth position, respectively.
The two PS4 SKUs helped Sony’s machine claim the hardware chart crown, with handhelds the New 3DS XL and PlayStation Vita filling the rest of the podium.
Meanwhile, the PS3 version of FIFA rival PES fell to sixth place. The PS4 edition of the game dropped out of the Top Ten altogether.
The only other new release last week was Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash for the 3DS.
Here’s the software Top Ten for the weekend ending October 11th:
- Super Mario Maker (Nintendo) Wii U – 25,706
- Pro Yakyu FamiSta Returns (Bandai Namco) 3DS – 24,775 (New)
- FIFA 16 (EA) PS4 – 22,444 (New)
- Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (Sony) PS4 – 20,118 (New)
- Yo-Kai Watch Busters: Akaneko-dan / Shiroinu-tai (Level 5) 3DS – 20,075
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 (Konami) PS3 – 18,517
- Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash (Nintendo) 3DS – 14,320 (New)
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 (Konami) PS4 – 13,264
- Katachi Shinhakken! Picross 3D 2 (Nintendo) 3DS – 12,565
- Tokyo Xanadu (Falcom) Vita – 12,337
And here are the hardware rankings:
- PS4 – 28,597
- New Nintendo 3DS LL – 17,110
- PS Vita – 13,493
- Wii U – 10,895
- New Nintendo 3DS – 3,242
- PS3 – 1,621
- Nintendo 3DS – 1,272
- Nintendo 3DS XL – 400
- PS Vita TV – 357
- Xbox One – 202