The first MCV of 2014 kicks off with an exclusive interview with DayZ creator Dean Hall, who reveals how the unfinished horror game dominated sales without any marketing.
In it, we reveal the latest data on what proved to be an incredible Christmas for games retail. GAME discusses its new look stores and how they can help sell digital content. We discuss the falling sales of fitness console games, and where those gamers have gone. And the industry details the 50 biggest things to look forward to in 2014.
The magazine is available for iPad. Download our app now, which includes access to the last two years of MCV, and includes a free archive of back issues from during that time.
Individual issues cost 1.99. You can subscribe for three months (iPad only – 19.99), six months (34.99) or 1 year (64.99).
The issue includes:
– DayZ creator Dean Hall on how an unfinished PC game with no marketing dominated Christmas
– PS4 and 3DS dominate 2014
– UK retail on a 600m Christmas bonanza
– INTERVIEW: GAME’s Dave Howard on selling digital content in stores
– ShopTo sales soar
– Square Enix: January best time to release next-gen Tomb Raider
– The 50 Things To Look Forward To In 2014
– The rise of fitness gaming on mobile
– Plus! Previews of Tomb Raider Infinite and Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z
– And, of course, all the latest games charts