Worried about Wii U? Excited by Alien: Isolation? Want to find out how much you’re worth? Then the latest edition of MCV is for you.
We talk to Creative Assembly’s Alistair Hope about why the studio is taking the Alien franchise in a new direction from last year’s critically disappointing Alien: Colonial Marines.
Elsewhere, there’s the annual MCV Salary Survey, which reveals figures for every profession at every level of the UK games industry. There’s also career advice from the recruitment experts.
You can check out the full contents of the issue below.
The magazine is available for iPad. Download our app now, which includes access to the last two years of MCV, and includes a free archive of back issues from during that time.
Individual issues cost 1.99. You can subscribe for three months (iPad only – 19.99), six months (34.99) or 1 year (64.99).
The issue includes:
- Time is running out for Nintendo Wii U – UK retail worries for Nintendo’s console
- Argos smashes Christmas records with Xbox One and PS4
- GTA V in numbers: Just how big was Rockstar’s latest effort
- Interview: Creative Assembly’s Chris Hope tells us how its rebuilding the Alien series with Isolation
- MCV Annual Salary Survey: How much are you worth?
- Recruitment experts offer their advice on the games job market in 2014
- Loading’s James Dance urges publishers to innovate at retail
- Territory Report: We take a closer look at the games markets of South East Asia
- Analysis of December’s retail charts
- Plus! Previews of Fable Anniversary and Toukiden: Age of Demons
- And, of course, the weekly Xbox Live, PSN, Steam, iOS and retail chart