Rockstar’s best-selling crime title has held onto the top spot in spite of a sales decline.
Sales of Grand Theft Auto V dipped by 29 per cent week-on-week, according to GfK Chart-Track data.
Unsurprisingly, the lion’s share of these sales came from November’s next-gen re-release. 52 per cent of units sold were for PS4, while 38 per cent were on Xbox One.
With a lack of new releases this week, the Top Ten is largely made up of the same games as last week. FIFA 15 rises to second place, while Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare drops one position to third.
Both console Minecraft SKUs are still in the Top Ten – the Xbox Edition rises three places to fifth position, while the PlayStation Edition holds onto seventh place.
Further down the charts, the first Disney Infinity game re-enters the Top 40, returning to No.33 with a 250 per cent increase in sales week-on-week. This was due to a retailer promotion.
Here’s the Top Ten for the week ending January 17th:
1. Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)
2. FIFA 15 (EA)
3. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Activision Blizzard)
4. Far Cry 4 (Ubisoft)
5. Minecraft: Xbox Edition (Microsoft)
6. The Crew (Ubisoft)
7. Minecraft: PlayStation Edition (Sony)
8. Assassin’s Creed: Unity (Ubisoft)
9. Destiny (Activision Blizzard)
10. LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (Warner Bros)