Almost 20m units of Grand Theft Auto IV have been sold worldwide since its April 2008 release.
The GTA series has also topped 100m game sales overall in its 14-year history. The news comes after Rockstar Games and 2K Games parent company Take-Two revealed sales data at a Wedbush Morgan presentation.
Data also revealed that Civilization is 2K’s most popular game franchise to date with 10m sales worldwide, and that over 7m units of 2K Play’s casual Carnival games have been sold.
Take-Two said it expects to achieve net revenue of $1.1bn for its fiscal 2011. It also said it will focus on select triple-A titles, add-on content and new channels to establish organic growth.
Take-Two’s game sales
The firm issued worldwide sales data for some of its key franchises including the following:
– Grand Theft Auto – 100m (Rockstar Games)
– Midnight Club – almost 18m (Rockstar Games)
– Civilization – 10m (2K Games)
– Red Dead Redemption – 8m (Rockstar Games)
– BioShock – 8m (2K Games)
– Max Payne – 7m (Rockstar Games)
– Carnival Games – 7m (2K Play)
– Mafia – 5m (2K Games)
– Borderlands – 4m (2K Games)
– NBA 2K11 – 4m (2K Sports)
Sales figures are correct as of February 19th.