In this week’s media and marketing special issue, we talk to IGN’s co-founder and chief content officer Peer Schneider about the constantly evolving platforms it must harness to build its audience and how IGN became a video first business.
As Facebook has become a key component of any modern marketing campaign, we speak to global head of console and online gaming Franco De Cesare about how the industry can get the best out of the platform.
Meanwhile, The Trailer Farm’s executive producer Ben Lavery and founder and creative directors Tony and Dan Porter walk us through the process of creating a successful game trailer.
Elsewhere, we talk to senior director of communications Adam Khan and Eve: Valkyrie’s lead game designer Andrew Willans about CCP’s recent shifts and what’s next for the company.
We also speak to SpecialEffect’s founder and CEO Dr Mick Donegan following the celebration of the charity’s 10th anniversary and the very successful One Special Day campaign a couple of weeks ago.
We also discuss online comic books with Madefire, as the company wants more gaming brands to get onboard to build engaging stories around their existing worlds.
The full contents of this week’s issue are below:
- OPINION: Qutee’s CEO Tim Wilson on how FIFA influencers are championing new ways of digital community engagement
- OPINION: Actioncy’s director Christian-Peter Heimbach on digital publishing on Steam and how to convert data into actionable player profiles
- OPINION: AskAboutGames editor and freelance journalist Will Freeman discusses PEGI ratings and how it pushes the boundaries of gaming
- IGN: We talk to IGN’s Peer Schneider about the challenges and opportunities of being a multiplatform media publisher
- FACEBOOK: Is your Facebook marketing message good enough to stop users from scrolling on past?
- TRAILERS: The Trailer Farm tells us about the secrets of creating a successful game trailer
- CCP: We sit down with CCP to talk about its recent experiences with VR and what’s next
- FGS: As Future Games Summit returns later this month, we speak to sponsors to find out what they think the future of gaming will look like
- SPECIALEFFECT: Founder and CEO Dr Mick Donegan tells us what’s next for the association
- MADEFIRE: Chief revenue officer Jon Middleton discusses working with Blizzard and why the company wants to work with more gaming brands
- PLUS! Assassin’s Creed merchandise range, FIFA 18 tops the UK monthly charts, Assassin’s Creed Origins, Super Mario Odyssey and Wolfenstein II headline the big game releases of the week, and more