This week’s MCV isnow available to view online – and it features Disney vs Activision as the battle for video game toys begins.
We also analyse the challenges faced by HMV, THQ and Play.com and run our exclusive 2012 retail charts.
We’ve listed the contents in full below.
Download our iPad app now,which includes access to the last two years of MCV back issues.
You can also read the magazine in your browser.Click here to subscribeorclick here to access this week’s individual issue.
Individual issues cost 1.99. You can subscribe for three months (iPad only – 19.99), six months (34.99) or 1 year (64.99).
In this week’s issue:
- Toys go to war as Disney takes on Skylanders
- DETAILED: HMV’s two year battle for survival
- All the charts, publisher rankings and best selling consoles of 2012
- UK accessories market grows 12% in 2012
- We analyse the spate of Android games consoles
- Microsoft’s new cloud studio and what it says about the future of Xbox
- We discuss what went wrong at online retailer Play.com
- OPINION: THQ’s risk taking ought to be applauded not condemned
- Plus! Previews of Aliens Colonial Marines and Scribblenauts, another interview with a member of GAME’s staff plus our new-look Off The Record.