RPG 7th Dragon III Code: VFD has shot to the top of the Japanese software charts in its first week.
Sega’s new title outsold Super Mario Maker by almost four times last week, as Nintendo’s DIY game for the Wii U slipped to second.
Meanwhile, former third place title FIFA 16 disappeared from the Top Ten completely, while the PS3 and PS4 versions of PES 2016 remained stable in seventh and eighth, respectively.
The only new entry in the software chart was Vita effort Geki-Dimension Tag: Blanc + Neptunia vs. Zombie Gundan, which filled out the podium in number three.
Over in the hardware rankings, PS4 hung onto its top spot, with sales only falling by 3,000 week-on-week. Second place was filled by the consistently popular New 3DS XL handheld.
In fact, the hardware Top Ten remained completely unchanged in terms of order from the week previous.
Here’s the latest Famitsu software Top Ten for the week ending October 18th:
- 7th Dragon III Code: VFD (Sega) 3DS – 72,411 (New)
- Super Mario Maker (Nintendo) Wii U – 21,793
- Geki-Dimension Tag: Blanc + Neptunia vs. Zombie Gundan (Compile Heart) Vita – 20,982 (New)
- Yo-Kai Watch Busters: Akaneko-dan / Shiroinu-tai (Level 5) 3DS – 19,792
- Splatoon (Nintendo) Wii U – 11,805
- Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (Nintendo) 3DS 11,796
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 (Konami) PS3 – 10,540
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 (Konami) PS4 – 8,159
- Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (Sony) PS4 – 7,846
- Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash (Nintendo) 3DS – 7,750
And here are the weekly hardware stats:
- PS4 – 25,350
- New Nintendo 3DS XL – 17,305
- PS Vita – 14,242
- Wii U – 10,882
- New Nintendo 3DS – 3,498
- PS3 – 1,640
- Nintendo 3DS – 1,629
- Nintendo 3DS XL – 570
- PS Vita TV – 382
- Xbox One – 356