With half the industry unavailable this week due to EB EXPO mayhem, MCV Pacific takes a look at a primarily EXPO-led week of news.
- Day one is now drawing to a close, and MCV’s first impressions of the show(which doubles the size of last year’s effort, which was then the biggest show in Australian gaming history) are here.
- We interview Deb McGrath, National Brand, Event and Marketing Manager for EB Games, talking about marketing EB EXPO and how important it is for Australia to have a show of this size.
- We previewed Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo’s presences at the show throughout the week.
- The top ten facts about EBX that you need to know.
- Activision and Microsoft get aggressive, with Activision hosting a media event the night before and Microsoft throwing a Halo 4 party with IGN.
- Xbox had a price drop to as little as AUD$199 this week, following the Sony new model Playstation 3 announcements.
- We wrap up the events from the Freeplay festival in Melbourne.
To register for the MCV Pacific News Digest, head to the registration page:http://www.mcvpacific.com/user/index/register/journey/register