This week’s MCV is now available to download – and it is jam-packed with great content.
Weighing in at 112 pages, this is our biggest issue this year. It features the first interview with Game Retail since its restructuring, our chat with Behtesda’s Pete Hines, a look at the UK High Street games crisis of the summer, a guide to the GMAs finalists and a sector guide to Christmas peripherals.
We’ve listed the contents in full below.
Download our app now, which includes access to the last two years of MCV, and includes a free archive of back issues from during that time.
Individual issues cost 1.99. You can subscribe for three months (iPad only – 19.99), six months (34.99) or 1 year (64.99).
The issue’s key content includes:
- The very first interview with Game Retail CEO Martyn Gibbs – his first since taking over the post-administration retailer in April
- INTERVIEW: We speak to Bethesda’s Pete Hines about Dishonored and Skyrim
- Four-page analysis of the ‘UK games crisis’ featuring comment an opinion from retailers and other MCV readers
- GAMES MEDIA AWARDS: A 25-page guide to the talented individuals and top writers competing for this year’s Games Media Awards
- News on: Kickstarter supporting older UK game IPs, the August British video game retail data, Golden Joysticks, Hitman and Moshi Monsters’ latest marketing campaign
- FINAL FANTASY: We celebrate 25 years of this respected RPG series
- WHY PC GAMES RULED GAMESCOM: James Binns of NetworkN runs through the games which dominated the show – and which prove why PC is more exciting than ever
- Previews of Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Worms Collection, new Halo toys and Pokemon Black & White 2
- CHRISTMAS PERIPHERALS: We run through the must-stock accessories and add-ons for Xmas 2012
- Plus, off the record, the latest release schedule and our weekly indie interview