Ubisoft’s Ghost Recon Wildlands has displaced The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild in the Japanese Top Ten to claim last week’s No.1 spot, according to the latest data from Famitsu.
Ubisoft’s open world title sold 94,017 copies in its first week on shelves, while Breath of the Wild sales for Switch fell by 75 per cent week-on-week. The Wii U version of Breath of the Wild also dropped from No.4 to No.7 last week, selling 17,682 units. That’s a decline of 61 per cent week-on-week. Altogether, though, Breath of the Wild still sold 65,614 units in its second week, which would have put the game at No.2 if taken together.
However, with both formats ranked separately, it was Square Enix’s Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix that took the No.2 last week, shifting 65,214 units.
Horizon Zero Dawn dropped to the No.4 spot last week, after a 56 per cent decline in sales week-on-week, and 1-2-Switch came in at No.5. Despite a 72 per cent drop in sales week-on-week, 1-2-Switch is still the second best-selling Switch title in Japan, with Super Bomberman R pushed down to No.9 after a fall of 75 per cent week-on-week. Meanwhile, Dragon Quest Heroes I & II for Nintendo Switch and Puyo Puyo Tetris were pushed out of the Top Ten altogether, but Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 Professional made a come back last week to scrape in at No.10.
In the hardware charts, the Nintendo Switch still reigns supreme, selling 63,420 units in its second week. That’s quite the comedown from the week before, where it sold 330,637 units (a fall of 81 per cent week-on-week), but it’s still a long way out in front of Sony’s PS4, which sold 28,917 units last week after a 6 per cent drop week-on-week.
Here’s the Japanese Top Ten in full for the week ending March 12th:
1. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands, PS4, Ubisoft, 94,017 (New)
2. Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 + II.5 Remix, PS4, Square Enix, 65,214 (New)
3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Switch, Nintendo, 47,932
4. Horizon: Zero Dawn, PS4, Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia, 32,068
5. 1, 2, Switch, Switch, Nintendo, 22,455
6. NieR: Automata, PS4, Square Enix, 18,108
7. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Wii U, Nintendo, 17,682
8. Pocket Monster Sun/Moon, 3DS, Pokemon, 13,990
9. Super Bomberman R, Switch, KONAMI, 9,681
10. Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 Professional, 3DS, Square Enix, 8,394
And here are the hardware figures for the same period:
Nintendo Switch, 63,420
New Nintendo 3DS LL, 19,347
PS Vita, 8,819
PS4 Pro, 5,648
New Nintendo 3DS, 697
Wii U, 678
Xbox One S, 103
Xbox One, 18