This week’s MCV investigates the indieapocalypse and asks: Is the sector really in jeopardy?
We also talk with EA about its efforts to fix its reputation amongst PC Gamers, while Ubisoft discusses the mammoth potential for its new IP: The Division.
Elsewhere, Hewson Consultant’s CEO Rob Hewson explains why now is the time to resurrect the ‘80s gaming icon, while A4T reveals its new VR headset: Stealth VR.
Finally, we bid farewell to industry legend Fergus McGovern, who tragically passed away at the weekend.
All of this you can read online, right now, for free.
The contents in full:
- COVER: PlayStation boosts UK team as PS4 sales soar past 3m
- FERGUS MCGOVERN TRIBUTE: Games industry mourns one of its very best.
- NEWS: Ubisoft reigns during bleak February for UK games retail.
- INTERVIEW: We’ve seen core Battlefield fans fall in love with Peggle” – EA on the thinking behind its Access service
- THE BIG GAME: We interview Ubisoft about its newest blockbuster: The Division.
- INDIE GAMES PUBLISHING SPECIAL: Is the indie games scene doomed? Indie publishers share their view on the commercial realities of independent game making
- INDIE INTERVIEW: Bring back the ‘80s – Hewson Consultants is back, but why now?
- INTERVIEW: A4T on its 30 VR headset – Stealth.
- OFF THE RECORD: This week, SpecialEffect raises over 100,000 and Multiplay boss Craig Fletcher throws down the gauntlet.
- PLUS! The latest charts, the best Zelda toys, Activision secures Xbox PR, Soedesco’s games line-up, we speak to Console Connections in Truro and we have a closer look at thePortuguesegames market