E3 2017 is on our doorstep, so this week’s issue of MCV is all about the biggest gaming event of the year.
With this issue also being distributed at E3, we asked UK show veterans to share their show tips – most said they will avoid the Saddle Ranch but will no doubt inevitably end up at the Saddle Ranch – and we’ve also prepared pre-show analysis and a guide to watching the show from the UK.
We showcase the best British games companies for the US industry to find new partners across the pond, from media production companies to publishers, merchandisers and PR firms, sales outfits and server providers.
Meanwhile, Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick explains why the delay of Red Dead Redemption 2 is nothing to worry about and how digital has transformed” the publisher’s business.
We also talk to Facebook about how publishers are changing their approach to marketing their games on the platform.
Elsewhere, we speak to Wildcard Studio about the physical release of Ark: Survival Evolved, to former Mad Catz execs about what went wrong at the peripherals firm, to PCGamesN about becoming one the UK’s biggest PC gaming sites and to Loading and Checkpoint about a new dawn for games magazines.
The full contents of this week’s issue are below:
- OPINION: SuperData’s CEO Joost van Dreunen discusses the cultural relevance of games and the increasing diversity of its audience
- OPINION: Renaissance PR’s founder Stefano Petrullo talks about the consequences of Brexit and how the UK will remain a home to the best the games industry has to offer
- OPINION: Industry veteran Steve Boxer looks back at the evolution of E3
- TAKE-TWO: We talk to CEO Strauss Zelnick about its growing digital sales and Red Dead 2’s delay
- FACEBOOK: Are you maximising the reach of your ad campaigns? If not, Facebook’s here to help
- GREAT BRITAIN – GREAT OPPORTUNITIES: We showcase just a few of the brilliant British businesses that the US industry could be working with from across the pond
- E3 GUIDE: All you need to know about E3 2017, whether you’re going to LA or enjoying the show from the comfort of your home
- ARK: Wildcard Studio’s co-founder Jeremy Stieglitz discusses the upcoming retail release of Ark: Survival Evolved
- MAD CATZ: We talk to former Mad Catz execs to understand what happened to the company
- PCGAMESN: We speak with creative director Tim Edwards and editorial director Joel Gregory about their latest expansion plans
- GAMES MAGAZINES: We have a chat with Checkpoint’s founders Steve Boxer and Tamer Asfahani and Loading Bar boss Jimmy Dance about their alternative approach to games journalism
- PLUS! All the pictures from the Women in Games Awards, Arms and Dirt 4 headline the big game releases of the week, and more