The New 3DS XL is once again No.1 in Japan as a number of new 3DS titles make their debut.
According to market data from Famitsu, the two top spots are filled by titles for the 3DS. In pole position this week is Rhythm Heaven: The Best+, which shifted 155,784 units. Meanwhile, in second place is Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden which sold 68,398 copies.
These two titles contributed to a 8,037 unit increase – a rise of 63.6 per cent week-on-week – in New 3DS XL sales in Japan.
It deposes last week’s top dog in the hardware charts, the Wii U, as the console’s sales decline two per cent.
Last week’s No.1, Nintendo’s Splatoon, falls to third place as sales dip 26 per cent.
Alien Isolation also makes its debut in Japan, with the PS4 SKU going straight to eighth place.
Below is the software Top ten for the period between June 8th and June 14th:
1. Rhythm Heaven: The Best+ (Nintendo) 3DS – 155,784 (New)
2. Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden (Bandai Namco) 3DS – 68,398 (New)
3. Splatoon (Nintendo) Wii U – 60,175
4. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Evolution (Kadokawa
Games) Vita – 20,535 (New)
5. Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo) Wii U, – 1,0672
6. Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (Sony) Vita – 8,768
7. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (Spike Chunsoft) PS4 – 7,671
8. Alien: Isolation (Sega) PS4 – 5,688 (New)
9. Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer 5 Plus – Fortune Tower to Unmei
no Dice (Spike Chunsoft) Vita – 5,665
10. Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition (GungHo Online) 3DS – 4,508
And the hardware charts for the same period:
1. New Nintendo 3DS LL, 20,692
2. Wii U, 16,740
3. PS Vita, 10,516
4. PS4, 10,117
5. New Nintendo 3DS, 3,284
6. PS3, 2,326
7. Nintendo 3DS, 909
8. Nintendo 3DS LL, 885
9. PS VitaTV, 506
10. Xbox One, 118