It’s phenomenal to think that there are still people out there who are yet to buy The Sims, but the series’ dominance of the ChartTrack Budget PC Top Ten suggests that the franchise is a long way from burning out.
EA’s life-management series occupies an astonishing seven of the available Top Ten positions this week, with only Blizzard’s World of Warcraft, its expansion The Burning Crusade and Xplosiv’s Zoo Tycoon managing to break EA’s monopoly.
The Sims 2: Teen Style Stuff leads the pack by claiming first spot and is followed by The Sims 2: Seasons in second, The Sims 2: H&M Stuff in fourth and The Sims 2: Open for Business in sixth.
The Budget PC Top Ten, as supplied by ChartTrack:
1. The Sims 2: Teen Style Stuff (EA)
2. The Sims 2: Seasons (EA)
3. World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade (Blizzard)
4. The Sims 2: H&M Stuff (EA)
5. World of Warcraft (Blizzard)
6. The Sims 2: Open for Business (EA)
7. The Sims 2: Nightlife (EA)
8. The Sims 2: Pets (EA)
9. Zoo Tycoon (Xplosiv)
10. The Sims 2: University (EA)