First it was November, then March, then April. Now Project Cars is due out in May.
Bandai Namco and developer Slightly Mad Studios have said that the PS4, Xbox One and PC version of Project Cars will now be released at an unspecified point in mid-May.
The game had initially been due for release on November 21st last year. It was then pushed back to March 20th, and then again to April 2nd. This latest delay is despite the claim that the game is virtually complete.
Despite our long heritage and pedigree in making critically-acclaimed racing games, Project Cars is by far the grandest and most intricately detailed of them all,” studio boss Ian Bell said. Despite therefore the game being 99.9 per cent complete, the remaining 0.1 per cent attending to small issues and bugs has been tricky to anticipate. We’re absolutely dedicated to delivering a ground-breaking experience and by targeting mid-May fans can be assured that’s what they’ll receive.
Again, we want to thank our fans for their support and patience on this matter. There’s a high expectancy from racing fans around the world that Project Cars is going to be an exciting new contender in the simulation racing space and we firmly believe gamers deserve it to be in its most complete and polished state when they come to play it on day one.
And since the gaming community is our primary focus and has always been at the heart of the project during development, we would like to offer some free content to all players as compensation for this short delay and as acknowledgement of how grateful we are. This gift, that we’re sure is going to excite fans, will be available from day one and revealed shortly. Keep an eye on our website for more info.”