Sony’s consoles have topped the Japanese hardware rankings once again, despite a week full of new titles for Nintendo’s 3DS platform.
The latest data from Famitsu shows that last week marked the third consecutive week on top for PS4 and Vita, after they were propelled and subsequently kept there by the release of Bandai Namco’s God Eater 2 and Square Enix’s Dragon Quest Heroes during the two weeks previous.
This is despite the launch of three new games for Nintendo’s ever-popular 3DS platform.
Atlus’ Etrian Mystery Dungeon topped the software charts, selling 72,000 units in its inaugural week.
Meanwhile, Shin Tennis no Ouji-sama: Go to the Top placed fifth and LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins snuck into the Top Ten at ninth.
The only other new entry in the software Top Ten last week was the Japanese release of 2K’s monster-versus-humans multiplayer shooter Evolve, the PS4 version of which ranked eighth with 16,000 sales.
Otherwise, it’s largely business as usual in the charts for staple Japanese properties Yokai Watch 2 and Pocket Monster Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, which saw their sales stay almost identical to the previous week.
Following PS4 and Vita in the hardware charts were Nintendo’s New 3DS XL and New 3DS handhelds in third and fourth position, respectively.
The only change to take place in terms of placing in a largely static week for hardware sales is the New 3DS’ usurp of fifth place from Sony’s PS3.
Here’s the software Top Ten for the week ending March 8th:
- Etrian Mystery Dungeon (Atlus) 3DS – 72,038 (New)
- Dragon Quest Heroes: Yamiryu to Sekaiju no Shiro (Square Enix) PS3 – 68,849
- Dragon Quest Heroes: Yamiryu to Sekaiju no Shiro (Square Enix) PS4 – 33,285
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D (Nintendo) 3DS – 24,283
- Shin Tennis no Ouji-sama: Go to the Top (Furyu) 3DS – 23,272 (New)
- God Eater 2: Rage Burst (Bandai Namco) Vita – 18,211
- Yokai Watch 2: Shinuchi (Level 5) 3DS – 16,410
- Evolve (Take-Two Interactive Japan) PS4 – 16,249 (New)
- LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins (Nintendo) 3DS – 13,936 (New)
- Pocket Monster Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire (The Pokmon Company) 3DS – 9,066
Here’s the weekly hardware rankings:
- PS4 – 32,946
- PS Vita – 18,436
- New Nintendo 3DS XL – 17,752
- New Nintendo 3DS – 6,669
- PS3 – 6,568
- Wii U – 5,973
- Nintendo 3DS XL – 2,242
- Nintendo 3DS – 1,787
- PS Vita TV – 565
- Xbox One – 479