Indie projects, British titles and… British indie releases were the stars at this year’s BAFTA Game Awards.
Sam Barlow’s Her Story, The Chinese Room’s Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture (pictured) and Rocket League all walked away with three prizes from last night’s awards show.
UK indie dev Sam Barlow won the Debut Game, Game Innovation, and Mobile and Handheld categories, while fellow British studio The Chinese Room’s Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture was recognised for Audio Achievement, Performer and Music.
Meanwhile US developer Psyonix car-football game Rocket League won the Family, Multiplayer and Sport categories.
Sam Barlow and The Chinese Room weren’t the only UK studios recognised at last night’s show. Hackney-based developer Rocksteady was awarded the best British Game for Batman: Arkham Knight, while Supermassive won Original Property with Until Dawn.
Fallout 4 also won big last night. The blockbuster apocalyptic RPG won the Best Game prize. BAFTA points out that this is the first time Bethesda has won having previously been nominated six times.
Below are the winners in full:
- Best Game – Fallout 4, Bethesda
- Debut Game – Her Story, Sam Barlow
- Game Innovation – Her Story, Sam Barlow
- Mobile and Handheld – Her Story, Sam Barlow
- Family Game – Rocket League, Psyonix
- Multiplayer – Rocket League, Psyonix
- Sport – Rocket League, Psyonix
- Audio Achievement – Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture, The Chinese Room
- Performer – Merle Dandridge for Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture
- Music – Jessica Curry for Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture
- Artistic Achievement – Ori and the Blind Forest, Moon Studio
- British Game – Batman: Arkham Knight, Rocksteady
- Game Design – Bloodborne, Sony
- Original Property – Until Dawn, Sony
- Persistent Game – Prison Architect, Introversion Software
- AMD eSports Audience Award – Smite, Hi-Rez
- BAFTA Ones to Watch – Sundown
- Fellowship – John Carmack
Missed out on a BAFTA? You could still be in with a chance of winner an even more prestigious Develop Award – but you have less than one week to nominate.