EA’s action horror title Dead Space 3 has, in the words of UKIE GfK Chart-Track, comfortably” claimed the No.1 spot this week.
Nonetheless, sales of the game tracked 26.2 per cent lower than its predecessor Dead Space 2, which also claimed No.1. The Xbox 360 version of the new title accounted for 65 per cent with PS3 31 per cent and PC four per cent.
Namco Bandai’s Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch falls to sixth following a 63 per cent slump in sales.
Things are largely the same elsewhere in the Top 40, with the only significant changes being re-entries Madden NFL 13 (19th), Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two (36th) and Battlefield 3 (39th).
Here’s the Top 20 in full for the week ending February 9th:
1. Dead Space 3 (EA)
2. FIFA 13 (EA)
3. Call of Duty: Black Op II (Activision)
4. Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
5. Hitman: HD Trilogy (Square Enix)
6. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Namco Bandai)
7. Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
8. Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
9. Hitman Absolution (Square Enix)
10. Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed (Sega)
11. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
12. Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
13. Halo 4 (Microsoft)
14. Forza Horizon (Microsoft)
15. Skylanders Giants (Activision)
16. Football Manager 2013 (Sega)
17. LEGO The Lord of the Rings (Warner)
18. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner)
19. Madden NFL 13 (EA)
20. Forza Motorsport 4 (Microsoft)