FIFA 14 has taken the No.1 spot in the UK Chart-Track Top 40 for the eleventh time.
Only four other titles have managed this before – Who Wants To Be a Millionaire, Wii Fit, Zumba Fitness and FIFA: Road To World Cup 98.
The game’s success means Bethesda’s The Elder Scrolls Online had to settle for No.2. The PC-only MMO may have performed even better if digital download sales were included in the UK boxed charts. But they’re not.
It all means Titanfall takes a slightly stumble to No.3, just ahead of a resurgent Call of Duty: Ghosts, which benefitted from a second DLC pack – Devastation.
Last week’s No.1 Infamous: Second Son takes a big tumble to No.6, after a decent two-week stretch at the summit.
The only other new release to make the charts is Tecmo Koei’s Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Complete Edition. The Vita and PS4 debuts at No.29.
The UK Top 10:
1. FIFA 14 – EA
2. The Elder Scrolls Online – Bethesda
3. Titanfall – EA
4. Call of Duty: Ghosts – Activision
5. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes – Konami
6. Infamous: Second Son – Sony
7. The LEGO Movie Videogame – Warner Bros
8. South Park: The Stick of Truth – Ubisoft
9. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition –Microsoft
10. Battlefield 4 – EA