Indie developers do not sell consoles… right? Sony studios boss Shuhei Yoshida tells us why that just isn’t true in the current edition of MCV.
It’s a packed issue once again, with Sega revealing its digital sales data in an effort to encourage more publishers to share theirs.
We also discuss the retail market data for August, the state of the accessories sector, plus we build-up to the biggest launch of the year – GTA V.
And that’s on top of all the other things you’d expect from MCV. The retail, XBLA, PSN and Steam charts, off the record, tweets of the week and our look at the advertising sector.
The magazine is available for iPad. Download our app now, which includes access to the last two years of MCV, and includes a free archive of back issues from during that time.
Individual issues cost 1.99. You can subscribe for three months (iPad only – 19.99), six months (34.99) or 1 year (64.99).
The issue’s key content includes:
- Sega’s secret blockbuster – Total War: Rome II was last week’s real No.1
- Good Times Ahead – Retail gears up for a GTA spectacular
- INTERVIEW: PlayStation Worldwide studios chief Shuhei Yoshida on the importance of independent studios
- UK MARKET DATA: Saints Row is an August chart-topper
- We look at the top accessories coming to market this Christmas
- Plus! Previews of Pokmon X and Y and Train Simulator