The retail version of Minecraft for Xbox 360 has topped the UK charts for a third week running.
The previously download-only hit represents Microsoft’s longest unbroken run at No.1 in the UKIE GfK Chart-Track All Formats Chart since the release of Forza Motorsport 2 in 2007.
The only new entry in the charts this week is Namco Bandai’s Tales of Xillia, which debuts at No.4.
Elsewhere, familiar names in the charts saw sales drop, with the notable exceptions of FIFA 13 and The Smurfs 2. Hype for the Premiership saw FIFA’s sales rise by 24 per cent, while the ongoing success of the movie boosted The Smurfs’ sales by 35 per cent.
Here’s the UK Top 20 in full for the week ending August 10th:
1. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
2. FIFA 13 (EA)
3. The Smurfs 2 (Ubisoft)
4. Tales of Xillia (Namco Bandai)
5. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo)
6. The Last of Us (Sony)
7. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
8. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros)
9. Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
10. Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
11. Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
12. Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
13. GTA IV (Rockstar Games)
14. LEGO: The Lord of the Rings (Warner Bros)
15. Max Payne 3 (Rockstar Games)
16. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Legendary Edition (Bethesda)
17. Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros (Nintendo)
18. Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City (Rockstar Games)
19. Battlefield 3 (EA)
20. Saints Row The Third: The Full Package (THQ)