Activision’s Call of Duty: Black Ops is starting to look like a permanent feature at the top of the UKIE GfK Chart-Track All Formats Top 40 this week as the shooter claims its fourth UK No.1 of the year.
The only game so far that’s been able to (temporarily) dethrone the war title is Sony’s Gran Turismo 5, which this week claims fifth.
Blizzard’s World of Warcraft: Cataclysm debuts in third spot, just behind EA’s FIFA 11 which sits in second spot for the second week in a row.
Chart-Track notes that it’s the first time a WoW expansion have released digitally at the same time as it arrives at retail.
Meanwhile, in its second week on the market Nintendo’s Donkey Kong Country Returns climbs five spots to claim eighth.
Here’s the UKIE GfK Chart-Track All Formats Top Ten in full (for the week ending December 11th):
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision)
2. FIFA 11 (EA)
3. World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Blizzard)
4. Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood (Ubisoft)
5. Gran Turismo 5 (Sony)
6. Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft)
7. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (EA)
8. Donkey Kong Country Returns (Nintendo)
9. Professor Layton and the Lost Future (Nintendo)
10. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo)