Mass Effect 2 is this week’s UK No.1
According to GfK Chart-Track data for the week ending January 30th, the PC/360 title was the best-selling game, knocking two-week champion Just Dance from the top.
Mass Effect 2 had, according to EA, debuted with 2m units sold – the game has been praised by the specialist press.
Sony’s PS3 shooter MAG also made an impressive debut, appearing at No.4 in the chart in its first week.
Elsewhere, Just Dance holds on to second, followed by Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
The rest of the top ten is made up of familiar faces, with Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit Plus, FIFA 10, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Army of Two: The 40th Day and James Cameron’s Avatar all present.
The full top ten is as follows:
1. MASS EFFECT 2 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
2. JUST DANCE (UBISOFT)
3. CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 2 (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
4. MAG (SONY)
5. WII SPORTS RESORT (NINTENDO)
6. WII FIT PLUS (NINTENDO)
7. FIFA 10 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
8. NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. WII (NINTENDO)
9. ARMY OF TWO: THE 40TH DAY (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
10. JAMES CAMERON’S AVATAR: THE GAME (UBISOFT)