Rare Replay has debuted at the top of the UK All Formats UK Top 40.
It’s the first No.1 the developer has had since 1998’s Banjo-Kazooie on the Nintendo 64, and the first budget-priced title to reach the top spot since Wii Fit Plus in 2009.
No other new releases hit stores this week so the Top Ten remains familiar names. LEGO Jurassic World falls to second place with a 21 per cent sales decline, while Batman Arkham Knight dropping to No.3 as sales dip 22 per cent.
Meanwhile The Elder Scrolls Online also slips once place as sales drop eight per cent. And Minecraft: Xbox Edition comes back into the Top Ten in tenth place in spite of a seven per cent sales dip.
Below is the Top Ten for the week ending August 8th:
1. Rare Replay (Microsoft)
2. LEGO Jurassic World (Warner Bros)
3. Batman: Arkham Knight (Warner Bros)
4. The Elder Scrolls Online (Bethesda)
5. Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)
6. FIFA (EA)
7. Battlefield Hardline (EA)
8. Rory McIlroy PGA Tour (EA)
9. F1 2015 (Bandai Namco/Codemasters)
10. Minecraft: Xbox Edition (Microsoft)