This week, MCV speaks to VP of PR and marketing Pete Hines about Bethesda being the world’s fastest growing triple-A publisher and how it intends to maintain this status with the release of Dishonored 2.
Meanwhile, Ubisoft’s senior producer Dominic Guay discusses Watch Dogs and how the publisher wants it to become one of the biggest franchises in games.
2K’s lead writer Bill Harms also talks about Mafia III and why he decided to tackle heavy subjects such as racial tension.
Elsewhere, Irish indie developer William Barr discusses his ‘Official Brexit Game’, Her Majesty’s Spiffing.
The full contents of this week’s issue are below. The digital edition can be read here.
- NEWS: Retail banks on FIFA 17 to rejuvenate stagnant market
- NEWS: Konami expects PES sales bounces following critical acclaim
- NEWS: Mafia III writer: ‘I hope more games tackle serious subjects like racism’
- NEWS: Bethesda teams up with pro-gamers for new Quake
- INTERVIEW: Bethesda’s Pete Hines discusses Dishonored 2 and the publisher’s growth
- INTERVIEW: Ubisoft’s Dominic Guay talks about Watch Dogs 2
- THE BIG GAME: 2K’s lead writer Bill Harms discusses Mafia III
- INDIE INTERVIEW: William Barr talks about Her Majesty’s Spiffing, which he labeled ‘the Official Brexit Game’
- ANALYSIS: Tony Pearce from Grabr discusses the challenges facing brands in the social media space today
- PLUS! Green Man Gaming hires new EVP of marketing, BioShock: The Collection tops the UK weekly charts, a merchandise range from the Q4 line-up and more