In this week’s issue of MCV, we speak to Psyonix, the developer of the suprise hit of the summer Rocket League.
VP of marketing and communications Jeremy Dunham talks about the success of the car football title, and what is next for Rocket League.
And as UKIE Chair Andy Payne steps down from his position, the industry says thanks to a man who helped shape an industry.
We also speak to leading accessories brands about what UK games retail should be stocking this Christmas.
Below are the full contents of this week’s issue. You can read it online here.
- COVER: Rocket power – 6m sales of Rocket League proves there’s an audience for new ideas, says developer Psyonix
- NEWS: Istanbul games convention wants 100,000 visitors
- NEWS: Entertainment Retailers Association – Games success story deserves to be told
- NEWS: New UK studio targets horror game renaissance
- NEWS: Microsoft vows that Halo 5 multiplayer will be ‘rock solid’
- FEATURE: The Rocket League explosion: SVP of marketing and communications Jeremy Dunham talks about the surprise hit of the summer and what is next for Rocket League
- FEATURE: As Andy Payne steps down as UKIE Chair, the industry pays their respects to a man that helped shape an industry
- FEATURE: MCV asks the accessories experts what UK games retail should keep an eye out for
- INDIE INTERVIEW: Ater years of developing PC and mobile titles, React Games is making its debut in home consoles with Super Dungeon Bros. MCV speaks to president Brad Moss
- FEATURE: How video game music is rocking the classical world
- FEATURE: The remaster plan: 2015 has been crammed with resurected and revamped releases, but is the industry’s obsession with remastering the past holding it back from future innovation
- APPOINTMENTS: New co-MD joins UK eSports League
- SHELF LIFE: Richard Cliffe of Folkestone’s Play-Away shares his frustrations with big retailers getting exclusive content, and what game surprised him this summer
- MARGIN MAKERS: We share the best products from Lime Distribution
- INTERNATIONAL: The mobile games sector is thriving in Jordan. MCV reports