We’re only a week away from the launch of the Nintendo Switch and Nintendo UK general manager Nicolas Wegnez chose MCV to talk about the release of the much-awaited console. In an extended interview, he discusses every aspect of the Nintendo Switch, from its impact on the UK market to third-party partnerships.
This week’s MCV is actually all about the Switch, with three pages of details on the launch line-up, plus all the best Switch accessories and merchandise detailed.
Senior associate producer Alan Costa also discusses how NIS America is bringing Disgaea 5 to the Switch this May in a ‘Complete’ edition.
Elsewhere, we talk to Amazon’s Rob Pulciani and Jagex’s Mark Ogilvie about the release of RuneScape on Amazon’s voice-based Alexa engine.
The full contents of this week’s issue are below:
- NEWS: Nintendo: No Day One shortage of Switch
- NEWS: Nintendo Classic Mini NES production ‘continues’
- NEWS: Audio games gaining momentum, says Amazon
- BIG RELEASES: Horizon Zero Dawn and The Walking Dead-The Telltale Series: A New Frontier headline this week’s big games
- THE BIG INTERVIEW: In his first interview since taking charge at Nintendo UK last year, general manager Nicolas Wegnez speaks to MCV on the dawn of a new era for the company
- NINTENDO SWITCH GAMES: The Switch’s launch line-up is an exercise in quality over quantity – here’s everything you need to know about the five games coming to retail on March 3rd
- AMAZON ALEXA: With millions of Alexa devices now in the hands of consumers, could the Amazon Echo be the next big gaming platform?
- DISGAEA 5 COMPLETE: NIS America talks about Disgaea 5 coming to the Switch this May
- INSIGHT: With Amiibo getting a boost from the Switch launch, Klosters Trading Corporation’s Lutz Muller argues that the toys-to-life market segment is far from dead
- PLUS! BAFTA appoints first VP of games, For Honor tops the UK weekly charts, Nintendo Switch merchandise range and more