NCsoft has claimed a surprising victory in the UK charts with new MMO release Guild Wars 2 debuting at top spot.
It’s the second largest launch ever in the UK for a non-World of Warcraft MMO, bettered only by EA’s Star Wars: The Old Republic. It’s also the first PC release to claim No.1 since Football manager 2011 in November 2010.
Former chart-topper Sleeping Dogs is forced to settle for second after a 38 per cent week-on-week drop in sales.
EA’s Madden NFL 13 claims seventh place in its first week while Namco Bandai’s Tales of Graces F enters the listings in 14th.
Here’s the UK Top 20 in full:
1. Guild Wars 2 (NCsoft)
2. Sleeping Dogs (Square Enix)
3. New Super Mario Bros 2(Nintendo)
4. London 2012: The Official Video Game (Sega)
5. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Interactive)
6. Darksiders II (THQ)
7. Madden NFL 13 (EA)
8. Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (Activision)
9. Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Ubisoft)
10. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
11. Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Sega)
12. Dead Island GOTY Edition (Koch)
13. Batman: Arkham City (Warner Interactive)
14. Tales of Graces F (Namco Bandai)
15. The Amazing Spider-Man (Activision)
16. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Warner Interactive)
17. FIFA 12 (EA)
18. Battlefield 3 (EA)
19. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision)
20. Assassin’s Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft)