Electronic Arts maintains its grip on the top of the charts with FIFA 12 at No.1 and Battlefield 3 at No.2.
Both titles saw a 63 per cent drop in sales, but Battlefield 3 manages to climb one place. Last week’s No.2, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, slips to third place after its sales fell by 76 per cent.
The original Zumba Fitness is clearly the workout title of choice for those wanting to shed their holiday weight as it rockets back into the Top 10, up thirteen places to No.6. It was also the only title in the Top 40 to see a week-on-week increase in sales, up by 11 per cent.
Other fitness titles faring well in the charts include Zumba Fitness 2 at No.12, EA Sports Active 2 at No.37 and Wii Fit Plus at No.27.
Here’s the UK Top 20 for the week ending December 31st:
1. FIFA 12 (EA)
2. Battlefield 3 (EA)
3. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
4. Just Dance 3 (Ubisoft)
5. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
6. Zumba Fitness (505 Games)
7. Need For Speed: The Run (EA)
8. Saints Row: The Third (THQ)
9. Rage (Bethesda)
10. Assassin’s Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft)
11. Forza Motorsport 4 (Microsoft)
12. Zumba Fitness 2 (505 Games)
13. Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo)
14. Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Sega)
15. Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo)
16. Football Manager 2012 (Sega)
17. Sonic Generations (Sega)
18. Kinect Sports: Season Two (Microsoft)
19. Rayman Origins (Ubisoft)
20. EA Sports Active 2 (EA)