Rockstar Games has told MCV that it has enjoyed no further development in its appeal against the BBFC’s refusal to classify Manhunt 2 – despite the game being cleared for release in the US.
If the company’s plea with the Video Appeals Committee fails, it is thought that it will submit the modified version which was grantd an M rating by US age classifications body the ESRB last week.
Rockstar told MCV in a statement:
"It is very good news that Manhunt 2 has now been rated Mature for North America and will be released October 31. However, we have no updated information on the BBFC status of the game."