Tekken 7 has punched straight in at No.1 in the Japanese weekly chart, according to the latest figures from Famitsu, selling 54,319 copies in its first four days on sale.
While not quite as successful as the PS3 launch of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (which sold around 69,000, says Famitsu), Tekken 7 was still way out in front of last week’s No.2 title, Square Enix’s Secret of Mana Collection for the Nintendo Switch. Also a new entry last week, Secret of Mana Collection sold 30,123 units during its first week, making it the second highest-selling launch title for a third party Switch game after Konami’s Super Bomberman R.
The Vita had two new entries this week as well in the form of Bandai Namco’s Tsukimoto Tsukiuta 12 Memories, which debuted at No.4 after shifting 12,254 units, and Experience’s Shiin, which entered the charts at No.8 with 7,256 sales.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, meanwhile, fell one place to No.3 last week after an 18 per cent decline in sales, while the week before’s No.1, Nihon Falcom’s Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana for PS4, fell to No. 6 last week after a drop of 69 per cent.
Capcom’s Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers also experienced a sharp fall last week after sales fell by 73 per cent, putting it at No.9 down from No.3.
Over in the hardware charts, the Switch remains top dog, holding a 39 per cent share of the market despite a seven per cent drop week-on-week. PS4 sales, meanwhile, grew by six per cent to hit 16,037 units last week, and the PS4 Pro also experienced a lift of 11 per cent, taking Sony’s total market share for its home consoles to 32.8 per cent (or 33.9 per cent if you include PS3 sales).
Here’s the Top Ten software chart in full for the week ending June 4th:
1. Tekken 7, Bandai Namco Entertainment, PS4, 54,319 (New)
2. Secret of Mana Collection, Square Enix, Switch, 30,123 (New)
3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Nintendo, Switch, 17,297
4. Tsukitomo Tsukiuta 12 Memories, Bandai Namco Entertainment, Vita, 12,254 (New)
5. Monster Hunter XX, Capcom, 3DS, 10,669
6. Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, Nihon Falcom, PS4, 9,575
7. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Nintendo, Switch, 7,256
8. Shiin, Experience, Vita, 6,887 (New)
9. Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X, Bandai Namco Entertainment, 3DS, 4884
10. Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers, Capcom, Switch, 4,522
And here are the hardware figures for the same period:
Nintendo Switch, 25,274
New Nintendo 3DS LL, 9,419
PS4 Pro, 5,249
PS Vita, 4,843
Nintendo 2DS, 2,764
Nintendo 3DS, 350
Wii U, 186
Xbox One S, 51