This week’s MCV– which isnow available to view online– looks at the impact of the latest jobs cuts on HMV’s games team.
With the video games division cut from ten people to two, publishers are concerned the retailer’s games offering may suffer – download now to read the full story.
The latest issue also include our interview with Xbox’s Jon Grimes and Harvey Eagle, retail’s demands for Wii U and the curse of terrible video game movies.
We’ve listed the contents in full below.
Download our iPad app now,which includes access to the last two years of MCV back issues.
You can also read the magazine in your browser.Click here to subscribeorclick here to access this week’s individual issue.
Individual issues cost 1.99. You can subscribe for three months (iPad only – 19.99), six months (34.99) or 1 year (64.99).
In this week’s issue:
- Xbox revamps team as 360 closes in on Wii to become the UK’s No.1 home console
- INTERVIEW: Microsoft’s X-Men – Jon Grimes and Harvey Eagle discuss how the Xbox 360 is maintaining its lead in this generation and plans to do so in the next
- Future of video games at HMV in doubt after latest job cuts
- Retail calls for Wii U price cut and new strategy
- Game Informer on how its UK roll-out will improve its fierce reputation
- The curse of the video game movie: can the industry put an end to terrible films?
- Digital experts discuss the rise of new monetisation models
- PREVIEWS: SimCity and Brad Pitt thriller Killing Them Softly
- PLUS! QA & Localisation special focus, Xbox Live Arcade charts, PSN charts and more