In this issue we focus on PlayStation VR, and seewhat Sony, retail and developers have to say about the new tech.
Following a triumphant GDC for the platform holder, European president Jim Ryan discusses the VR market and Sony’s plans for PlayStation VR in the UK and Europe.
We also spoke to nine of the 230 developers working on PlayStation VR games to see if Sony’s new headset is powerful enough to change the world.
Elsewhere, we talk about Microsoft’s attempt to unify its PC and Xbox ecosystem and about the future of crowdfunding with Fig’s CEO Justin Bailey.
In the meantime, Sports Interactive’s boss Miles Jacobson talks about his future in video games, following his Person of the Year prize at the 2016 MCV Awards.
The full contents of this week’s issue are below. The digital edition can bereadhere.
- NEWS: UK gamers trust specialist media more than Youtubers
- INTERVIEW: European boss Jim Ryan discusses PlayStation VR
- PLAYSTATION VR: We spoke to nine developers to find out what they think about PlayStation VR
- NEWS ANALYSIS: How PC can save the Xbox
- MCV AWARD INTERVIEW: Person of the Year winner Miles Jacobson discusses his past and future in video games
- THE BIG GAME: Codemasters’ chief game designer Paul Coleman talks about Dirt Rally
- ANALYSIS: TV ad spend in the lucrative toys-to-life space
- INDIE INTERVIEW: Dave Crooks tells MCV about his upcoming title, Enter the Gungeon
- INTERVIEW: Fig’s CEO Justin Bailey shares his thought on the future of crowdfunding
- Plus! The Pokmon Company evolves its PR team, The Division dominates the weekly charts, Steven Stangroom from Stans Games talks about card games, Hearthstone’s merchandise range, plus a focus on the Irish games market