TIGA has revealed the winners of the TIGA UK Games Education Awards 2021.
The awards recognise outstanding students, education providers and best practice, with the winners being recognised in a virtual ceremony.
“The TIGA UK Games Education Awards are all about promoting excellence: excellent students, excellent universities and excellent educational practices. Congratulations to all of our fantastic finalists and especially to our wonderful winners,” said TIGA CEO Dr Richard Wilson OBE.
“I would like to thank once again our judges, the TIGA team and to all of the universities that strive for excellence by entering our Awards. Thank you also to Creative Assembly, our headline sponsor and to BeautyLabs international, for supporting excellence in skills and learning and for making the TIGA UK Games Education Awards 2021 possible. We look forward to advancing excellence in games education again in 2022.”
“It’s fantastic to see such a high calibre of winners recognised in this year’s awards and we are looking forward to seeing what they achieve next. Through our Legacy Project, we’ll be working with the student and graduate winners, providing expert mentorship and supporting them on their next steps as they further excel in the games industry.”
Winners of the TIGA UK Games Education Awards 2021:
- Outstanding TIGA Graduate Artist 2021: Lois Starkey, University of Hertfordshire
- Outstanding TIGA Graduate Computer Games Technology 2021: Daniel Hind, Birmingham City University
- Outstanding TIGA Graduate Designer 2021: Billy Kane, Staffordshire University
- Outstanding TIGA Graduate Programmer 2021: James Gratrix, University of Gloucestershire
- Outstanding TIGA Graduate Production/Enterprise 2021: Alex Skinner, University of Portsmouth
- Outstanding TIGA-Post Graduate of the Year 2021: Makhosethu Sibanda, University of Hertfordshire
- Excellence in University/Industry Collaboration 2021: Staffordshire University
- Innovative Teaching 2021: Norwich University of the Arts
- Excellence in Games Research 2021: InGame, Abertay University
- Diversity Award 2021: Professor Ruth Falconer, Abertay University
- Best Student Business 2021: Wordplay Games, London College of Communications
- Best Talent Development Initiative 2021: Dare Academy, Abertay University
- Outstanding Contribution to Games Education and Training: Emma Smith, Creative Assembly
- The Creative Assembly Best Student Game 2021: Crypt by Will Murray, University of Hertfordshire