Square Enix’s Dragon Quest Builders: Alefgard wo Fukkatsu Seyo debuted in Japan last week and dominates the top half of the region’s charts.
That’s according to data provided by Famitsu, which sees the new Dragon Quest title take the top two spots, as well as No.4. In total, the title sold 369,828 units across PlayStation Vita, PS4 and PS3.
The Vita SKU was the best-performing with 176,143 units sold for Sony’s handheld, and was a contributing factor in the console’s hardware sales nearly tripling in the region with a 185 per cent sales increase.
Meanwhile, 137,894 copies were for PS4 – which was the second-best charting game. In fourth place was the PS3 SKU, with 55,791 units sold.
A new Mario Tennis game also debuted in Japan. Ultra Smash shot straight to third place, selling 59,817 units.
Koei Tecmo also released a new title in Japan last week. Romance of the Three Kingdoms launched on PS4 and PS3, selling a combined 41,755 units. The former SKU was the best-performing, shifting 22,738 units and charting in sixth place. Meanwhile, the PS3 edition shifted 19,017 copies and debuted at No.8.
Last week’s No.1 – Yakuza: Kiwami on PS4 – falls to seventh place, while the PS3 edition (last week’s No.2) drops to tenth position.
Broccoli’s Uta no Prince-sama: Music 3 debuted for the Vita in fifth place.
Over in the hardware charts, the Vita was the best performing hardware, ahead of the PlayStation 4. That title – though falling once place to No.2 – saw a 32 per cent increase in sales this week, likely due to Dragon Quest Builders and Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
Below is the software Top Ten for the period between January 25th and January 31st:
1. Dragon Quest Builders: Alefgard wo Fukkatsu Seyo (Square Enix) Vita – 176,143 (New)
2. Dragon Quest Builders: Alefgard wo Fukkatsu Seyo (Square Enix) PS4 – 137,894 (New)
3. Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash (Nintendo) Wii U – 59,817 (New)
4. Dragon Quest Builders: Alefgard wo Fukkatsu Seyo (Square Enix) PS3 – 55,791 (New)
5. Uta no Prince-sama: Music 3 (Broccoli) Vita – 32,979 (New)
6. Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 (Koei Tecmo) PS4 – 22,738 (New)
7. Yakuza: Kiwami (Sega) PS4 – 22,518
8. Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 (Koei Tecmo) PS3 – 19,017 (New)
9. Hyrule Warriors Legends (Koei Tecmo) 3DS – 17,422
10. Yakuza: Kiwami (Sega) PS3 – 16,753
And here are the hardware numbers:
1. PS Vita – 43,072
2. PS4 – 32,819
3. New Nintendo 3DS LL – 18,719
4. Wii U – 7,369
5. New Nintendo 3DS – 4,716
6. PS3 – 1,678
7. Nintendo 3DS – 1,309
8. PS VitaTV – 458
9. Nintendo 3DS LL – 153
10. Xbox One – 112