Zoological lifestyle simulator Animal Crossing has held strong at the top of the Japanese charts in a week dominated by Nintendo.
The latest entry in the casual franchise, Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, sold more than 172,000 units in its third week on sale – nearly triple the 60,832total of the number two game, Yo-Kai Watch Busters.
The total brings the game's lifetime sales to more than 886,000 to date.
Happy Home Designer sold almost 30 times the number of units the title in tenth place, Bandai Namco's Cho Tosochu: Atsumare! Saikyo no Tososha-tachi, did.
Animal Crossing led a chart largely filled with Nintendo releases, with Minecraft for Sony's Vita and Sengoku Basara 4: Sumeragi for the PS3 the only non-3DS or Wii U entrants in the Top Ten.
Unsurprisingly, Nintendo also topped the hardware rankings; the New Nintendo 3DS XL and Wii U claimed first and second place, respectively.
Sony followed closely, with the PS4 and Vita respectively taking the third and fourth spots.
Here is the software Top Ten for the week ending August 16th, according to the latest data from Famitsu:
- Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (Nintendo) 3DS – 172,898
- Yo-Kai Watch Busters: Akaneko-dan / Shiroinu-tai (Level 5) 3DS – 60,832
- Splatoon (Nintendo) Wii U – 42,828
- Rhythm Heaven: The Best+ (Nintendo) 3DS – 28,638
- Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo) Wii U – 11,268
- Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (Sony) Vita – 11,067
- Fire Emblem Fates: White Kingdom / Black Kingdom (Nintendo) 3DS – 8,378
- Sengoku Basara 4: Sumeragi (Capcom) PS3 – 7,152
- Pocket Monster Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire (Pokmon) 3DS – 6,630
- Cho Tosochu: Atsumare! Saikyo no Tososha-tachi (Bandai Namco) 3DS – 6,362
And here are the hardware rankings:
- New Nintendo 3DS XL – 34,972
- Wii U – 19,259
- PS4 – 17,420
- PS Vita – 15,825
- New Nintendo 3DS – 6,790
- PS3 – 3,040
- Nintendo 3DS – 2,244
- Nintendo 3DS XL – 1,039
- PS Vita TV – 498
- Xbox One – 208