Ubisoft has dropped support for the Windows XP in the PC version of Assassin's Creed 3, as is evident from the recently released minimum system requirements.
Unlike FIFA 13, however, the game will support Windows 8, which will have released (23rd October) by the time the game hits shelves (23rd November).
Like the PC versions of past Assassin's Creed games, the minimum requirements aren't too demanding for Assassin's Creed 3.
- Supported OS: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8
- Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core2 Duo E6700 or 3.00 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ or better recommended
- RAM: 2 GB (4 GB recommended)
- Video card: 512 MB DirectX 9.0c-compliant with Shader Model 4.0 or higher
- Sound card: DirectX 9.0c-compliant (5.1 surround sound recommended)
- DVD-ROM: Dual-layer drive
- Hard drive space: 17 GB
- Peripherals supported: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)
- Multiplayer: 256 kbps or faster broadband connection
Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
- AMD Radeon HD 3870, 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000 series or better
- Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT, 9, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600 series or better
Assissin's Creed 3 for PC is set for release on 23rd November, close to a month after the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions, which arrive on 31st October. Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation arrives on PS Vita along with the home console versions.
Sign up for the free MCV India newsletterhere.